Motorbike Trailer Safety Guide
Adelaide Trailer Service & Repair – Motorbike Trailer Safety Guide.
All safety guides are provided by Adelaide Trailer Hire.
Contact Us or call us on 0412 836 296.
ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS TO BE USED AS A GUIDE ONLY.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THEY HAVE THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
TO SAFELY TOW AND OPERATE A TRAILER.
Extra care must be taken when using a motorbike trailer. Motorbikes can be very heavy and awkward to manoeuvre on and off of a trailer. Always have at least two people to load and unload the motorbike trailer.
Loading / unloading a motorbike
- Ensure the trailer is coupled to a vehicle so that it can’t tip or roll away.
- Line up the ramp on a flat surface, ensuring it is securely attached to the trailer using a strap.
- Ensure the bottom of the bike will clear the ramp angle without bottoming out.
- Use a safety step to climb on and off of the trailer to prevent straining your back.
- Never ride the bike up the ramp, have 2 people load the bike under control using the bikes brakes.
Note: If the bike bottoms out at the top of the ramp, the bike can stop instantly and tip or cause injury. Use caution and have 2 people control the vehicle at all times.
How to secure a motorbike to a trailer
- Strap down the front wheel to prevent rear movement.
- Strap down the rear wheel to prevent forward movement.
- Strap down the handle bar area to prevent side to side movement.
- Check your straps regularly during travel as they can loosen or break.
Note: Always use rated tie downs that are in good condition and fit for purpose.
CONTACT US TO BOOK A SERVICE OR FOR A FREE QUOTE.
Standard servicing including
Other servicing including
- Mobile Trailer Servicing
- Safety Checks
- Fleet Maintenance
- Bearing Service
- Brakes Service
- Hubs Service
- Axle Service
- Spring Service
- Suspension Service
- Wheel Service
- Coupling Service
- General Trailer Repairs
- Welding & Metal Fabrication
- Trailer Insurance Quotes
- Mobile Trailer Repairs
- Trailer Electrical Repairs
- Trailer Paint & Resprays
- Box Trailer Service & Repair
- Caged Trailer Service & Repair
- Car Trailer Service & Repair
- Motorbike Trailer Service & Repair
- Enclosed Furniture Trailer Service & Repair
- Flatbed Trailer Service & Repair
- Plant & Excavator Trailer Service & Repair
- Tradesman Trailer Service & Repair
- Caravan Service & Repair
- Camper Van Service & Repair
- Camper Trailer Service & Repair
- Horse Float Service & Repair
- Boat Trailer Service & Repair
- Jet Ski Trailer Service & Repair
- Disk Braked Trailer Service & Repair
- Drum Braked Trailer Service & Repair
- Electric Braked Trailer Service & Repair
- Hydraulic Braked Trailer Service & Repair
Towing safety guides
- General Safe Towing Guide
- Before You Tow
- Checking Your Cars Tow Rating
- Connect A Trailer
- Safely Loading A Trailer
- Safely Towing A Trailer
- Reversing a Trailer
- Long Distance Towing Tips
- Manual Handling Tips
- Trailer Load Legal Overhang Guide
Brake safety guides
Accessory safety guides
- Jockey Wheel Safety Guide
- Using A Ratchet Strap
- Trailer Ramp Safety Guide
- Trailer Cage Safety Guide
- Sack Truck Safety Guide
- Securing A Caravan Onto A Trailer
Speciality safety guides
- Car Trailer Safety Guide
- How To Use A Trailer Winch
- Motorbike Trailer Safety Guide
- Tipper Trailer Safety Guide
- Enclosed Trailer Safety Guide
Technical safety guides
- Rewire A Wire A Trailer Plug
- Jacking Up A Trailer
- Changing A Trailer Tyre
- Storing A Trailer Securely
- Coupling Lock User Guide
Other Trailer Services
Centre – For All Your Trailer Needs.
Repairs – Trailer & Caravan Servicing & Repairs.
Trailer Hire – Local & Interstate Trailer Rental Service.
Trailer Shop – Quality Trailer Parts & Accessories.
New Trailers – New Custom & Commercial Trailer Sales.