Motorbike Trailer Safety Guide
ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS TO BE USED AS A GUIDE ONLY.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THEY HAVE THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
TO SAFELY TOW AND OPERATE A TRAILER.
Extra care must be taken when using a motorbike trailer. Motorbikes can be very heavy and awkward to manoeuvre on and off of a trailer. Always have at least two people to load and unload the motorbike trailer.
Loading / unloading a motorbike
- Ensure the trailer is coupled to a vehicle so that it can’t tip or roll away.
- Line up the ramp on a flat surface, ensuring it is securely attached to the trailer using a strap.
- Ensure the bottom of the bike will clear the ramp angle without bottoming out.
- Use a safety step to climb on and off of the trailer to prevent straining your back.
- Never ride the bike up the ramp, have 2 people load the bike under control using the bikes brakes.
Note: If the bike bottoms out at the top of the ramp, the bike can stop instantly and tip or cause injury. Use caution and have 2 people control the vehicle at all times.
How to secure a motorbike to a trailer
- Strap down the front wheel to prevent rear movement.
- Strap down the rear wheel to prevent forward movement.
- Strap down the handle bar area to prevent side to side movement.
- Check your straps regularly during travel as they can loosen or break.
Note: Always use rated tie downs that are in good condition and fit for purpose.
CONTACT US TO BOOK A SERVICE OR FOR A FREE QUOTE.
Standard servicing including
Other servicing including
- Safety Checks
- Fleet Maintenance
- Bearing Service
- Brakes Service
- Hubs Service
- Axle Service
- Spring Service
- Suspension Service
- Wheel Service
- Coupling Service
- General Trailer Repairs
- Welding & Metal Fabrication
- Trailer Insurance Quotes
- Trailer Electrical Repairs
- Trailer Paint & Resprays
- Box Trailer Service & Repair
- Caged Trailer Service & Repair
- Car Trailer Service & Repair
- Motorbike Trailer Service & Repair
- Enclosed Furniture Trailer Service & Repair
- Flatbed Trailer Service & Repair
- Plant & Excavator Trailer Service & Repair
- Tradesman Trailer Service & Repair
- Caravan Service & Repair
- Camper Van Service & Repair
- Camper Trailer Service & Repair
- Horse Float Service & Repair
- Boat Trailer Service & Repair
- Jet Ski Trailer Service & Repair
- Disk Braked Trailer Service & Repair
- Drum Braked Trailer Service & Repair
- Electric Braked Trailer Service & Repair
- Hydraulic Braked Trailer Service & Repair
Towing safety guides
- General Safe Towing Guide
- Before You Tow
- Checking Your Cars Tow Rating
- Connect A Trailer
- Safely Loading A Trailer
- Safely Towing A Trailer
- Reversing a Trailer
- Long Distance Towing Tips
- Manual Handling Tips
- Trailer Load Legal Overhang Guide
Brake safety guides
Accessory safety guides
- Jockey Wheel Safety Guide
- Using A Ratchet Strap
- Trailer Ramp Safety Guide
- Trailer Cage Safety Guide
- Sack Truck Safety Guide
- Securing A Caravan Onto A Trailer
Speciality safety guides
- Car Trailer Safety Guide
- How To Use A Trailer Winch
- Motorbike Trailer Safety Guide
- Tipper Trailer Safety Guide
- Enclosed Trailer Safety Guide
Technical safety guides
- Rewire A Wire A Trailer Plug
- Jacking Up A Trailer
- Changing A Trailer Tyre
- Storing A Trailer Securely
- Coupling Lock User Guide
Other Trailer Services
Centre – For All Your Trailer Needs.
Repairs – Trailer & Caravan Servicing & Repairs.
Trailer Hire – Local & Interstate Trailer Rental Service.
Trailer Shop – Quality Trailer Parts & Accessories.
New Trailers – New Custom & Commercial Trailer Sales.