How To Use A Jockey Wheel
ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS TO BE USED AS A GUIDE ONLY.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THEY HAVE THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
TO SAFELY TOW AND OPERATE A TRAILER.
Jockey wheels are used to raise and lower the trailer on or off the cars tow ball.
They are designed for raising and lowering only, not for manoeuvring the trailer around.
Jockey wheels should only be used with empty trailers as they are not designed for heavy loads.
- Inspect the jockey wheel prior to use to ensure it is in good working order.
- Wind the handle to raise and lower the trailer on and off of the tow ball.
- Pull the handle to swivel the jockey wheel.
- Swivel the jockey wheel 90 degrees.
- Ensure the jockey wheel is locked into place to avoid damage.
If the trailer will not disconnect from the coupling
If you are having trouble disconnecting the trailer from the tow ball, it is probably because the coupling was not released before raising the jockey wheel.
- Lower the jockey wheel until you can release the coupling handle.
- Keep the coupling handle open and raise the jockey wheel again.
Important jockey wheel information
- Never disconnect a trailer from the vehicle when fully loaded.
- The jockey wheel is designed to lift an empty trailer only.
- The jockey wheel is for raising and lowering the trailer only.
- The jockey wheel is not to be used for manoeuvring the trailer around.
CONTACT US TO BOOK A SERVICE OR FOR A FREE QUOTE.
Standard servicing including
Other servicing including
- Mobile Trailer Servicing
- Safety Checks
- Fleet Maintenance
- Bearing Service
- Brakes Service
- Hubs Service
- Axle Service
- Spring Service
- Suspension Service
- Wheel Service
- Coupling Service
- General Trailer Repairs
- Welding & Metal Fabrication
- Trailer Insurance Quotes
- Mobile Trailer Repairs
- Trailer Electrical Repairs
- Trailer Paint & Resprays
- Box Trailer Service & Repair
- Caged Trailer Service & Repair
- Car Trailer Service & Repair
- Motorbike Trailer Service & Repair
- Enclosed Furniture Trailer Service & Repair
- Flatbed Trailer Service & Repair
- Plant & Excavator Trailer Service & Repair
- Tradesman Trailer Service & Repair
- Caravan Service & Repair
- Camper Van Service & Repair
- Camper Trailer Service & Repair
- Horse Float Service & Repair
- Boat Trailer Service & Repair
- Jet Ski Trailer Service & Repair
- Disk Braked Trailer Service & Repair
- Drum Braked Trailer Service & Repair
- Electric Braked Trailer Service & Repair
- Hydraulic Braked Trailer Service & Repair
Towing safety guides
- General Safe Towing Guide
- Before You Tow
- Checking Your Cars Tow Rating
- Connect A Trailer
- Safely Loading A Trailer
- Safely Towing A Trailer
- Reversing a Trailer
- Long Distance Towing Tips
- Manual Handling Tips
- Trailer Load Legal Overhang Guide
Brake safety guides
Accessory safety guides
- Jockey Wheel Safety Guide
- Using A Ratchet Strap
- Trailer Ramp Safety Guide
- Trailer Cage Safety Guide
- Sack Truck Safety Guide
- Securing A Caravan Onto A Trailer
Speciality safety guides
- Car Trailer Safety Guide
- How To Use A Trailer Winch
- Motorbike Trailer Safety Guide
- Tipper Trailer Safety Guide
- Enclosed Trailer Safety Guide
Technical safety guides
- Rewire A Wire A Trailer Plug
- Jacking Up A Trailer
- Changing A Trailer Tyre
- Storing A Trailer Securely
- Coupling Lock User Guide
Other Trailer Services
Centre – For All Your Trailer Needs.
Repairs – Trailer & Caravan Servicing & Repairs.
Trailer Hire – Local & Interstate Trailer Rental Service.
Trailer Shop – Quality Trailer Parts & Accessories.
New Trailers – New Custom & Commercial Trailer Sales.